Do you need to obtain “Independent Legal Advice” for a mortgage? If so, we can help.

Some personal or business transactions may require you to take Independent Legal Advice (ILA), in some cases this may also be referred to as an Etridge Letter.

We provide Independent Legal Advice for a variety of circumstances such as :

  • Personal Guarantee
  • Director Guarantee
  • Joint Borrower / Sole Proprietor
  • Occupier Consent
  • Indirect/ Third Party Mortgages
  • Equity Release
  • Transfer of Equity
  • Settlement Agreements
  • Bridging Loans

Do you need independent legal advice?conceptions

As solicitors we are qualified to provide Independent Legal Advice and will explain the implications of entering into an agreement and the risks you need to be aware of. We also provide the supporting certificate for you to provide to your lender / third party.

We offer:

  • Face to Face meetings at our office or we can travel to you
  • Video Conference meetings, were allowed by the lender
  • “Out of Hours” appointments to fit around your diary
  • Fixed Fees – agreed up front with no hidden extras from £395 + VAT

Call us now to discuss further on: 01225 422466

Why do you need Independent Legal Advice?

Independent legal advice (ILA) may be required to certify that you are aware of all of the risks or financial implications of entering into an agreement.

It is often required when obtaining a mortgage or loan and a solicitor may be asked to certify that the borrower or guarantor has been made aware of all the risks and financial implications. The lender may request it, to protect themselves from any future claims. They will use it as evidence, if necessary, that the individual has been made fully aware of all associated risks.

Unfortunately Independent Legal Advice is often requested near the end of an application process and can result in delays, additional costs and added stress.

We offer Independent Legal Advice and can assist at short notice at a fixed price.

Contact us for a no obligation conversation.